Apple & Blueberry Galette
- 1 x 400g Carême GF Sweet Vanilla Pastry, defrosted (can also be made with our Classic Sweet Vanilla Shortcrust Pastry)
- 3 apples, peeled cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons light muscavado sugar
- 1 egg beaten for glazing
- 1 tablespoon Demerara sugar
- Mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- Crème fraiche to serve
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - click here to display
Preheat oven to 180c fan-forced (200c non-fan).
Lightly dust pastry and bench with a gluten free flour. Cut pastry log in half, push each half down then gently knead each half together to form a large ball. Transfer pastry to a large piece of baking paper, the dough and paper with the flour and using the heal of your hand push the dough out to form a circle that is 5mm thick and 35cm across. Use the paper to pick up the pastry and transfer to a large baking tray.
Step 2 - click here to display
Combine the apples, blueberries, lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl, gently mix to combine.
Step 3 - click here to display
Step 4 - click here to display
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and the filling is bubbling lightly. Once removed from oven using a pastry brush dot the fruit with melted butter, garnish with mint and serve with crème fraiche.