Gluten Free Plum Slice
- 1 packet Carême Gluten Free Sweet Shortcrust Pastry, defrosted
- Gluten free flour for dusting
- 4 large egg whites
- 140g shredded coconut
- 70g unrefined caster sugar
- 6-8 plums depending on size
- ½ cup lightly roasted & chopped pistachio nuts
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - click here to display
Step 2 - click here to display
Lightly dust hands, pastry and workbench with gluten free flour. Cut the log of pastry in half, push each half down using the palm of your hand to form a rectangular shape then push this into one half of the tart tin, repeat with the other half of the pastry. Don’t worry if it’s uneven, but it should be quite thick (at least 5mm); join the two pieces together by pinching with your fingers.
Step 3 - click here to display
Place tart tin on a baking tray and pop in the oven for 20 minutes, remove and set to one side while you prepare topping.