Ham & Cheese Pastry Slab
- 1 x 445g pack Carême Sour Cream Shortcrust Pastry, defrosted
- 1 x egg beaten
- 120g mature cheddar grated (or any other good melting cheese)
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 50g quince paste
- 200g ham
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds or nigella seeds
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - click here to display
Preheat oven to 180c fan-forced (200c non-fan).
Step 2 - click here to display
Step 3 - click here to display
Place one piece of pastry on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
Step 4 - click here to display
Combine the grated cheddar, mustard powder and chives.
Step 5 - click here to display
Brush pastry with beaten egg then top with the cheddar mixture. Break the quince paste into small pieces and dot on top of the cheese then top with slices of ham.
Step 6 - click here to display
Step 7 - click here to display
Place another sheet of baking paper over the top of the pastry followed by another baking sheet to weight it down.