Chicken & Veggie Sausage Rolls
- 1 x 445g packet Carême Sour Cream Shortcrust Pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg yolk beaten with a dash of milk for glazing
- 200g chicken mince
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic finely sliced
- 1 medium zucchini grated (pat with kitchen towel to absorb excess moisture)
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 75g feta
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt & grind of pepper
Step 1 - Click here to display
Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced (200c non-fan). Line two baking trays with baking paper. Unroll pastry and cut into 4 equal rectangles, place these in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
Step 2 - Click here to display
Combine all remaining ingredients (except egg yolk for glazing). Using your hands mix ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
Step 3 - Click here to display
Remove pastry from fridge (if a hot day work with one piece at a time). Place filling down the centre of each pastry rectangle, brush long side of pastry with beaten egg, roll pastry over the filling allowing at least a 2cm overlap, gently push down to seal. Pop in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting. Repeat with remaining pastry. Once pastry is firm remove from freezer and cut each log into 8 to 10 small sausage rolls (or larger if you prefer), place on baking trays and snip the top of each one with scissors. Use remaining beaten egg to brush the tops of the sausage rolls and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.