Rocher Chocolate Pie
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
- 445g pack Carême Sour Cream Shortcrust Pastry, defrosted
- 250ml thickened cream
- 150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g almond meal
- 80g hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 10 Ferrero Rocher chocolates, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- 1 egg yolk beaten with a little milk
- Crème fraiche, to serve
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - click here display
Preheat a fan forced oven to 180ºC (200ºC conventional oven).
Step 2 - click here to display
Step 3 - click here to display
Pour cream into a small, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Bring to just below a boil, then remove from heat and quickly add dark and milk chocolate and stir until chocolate has melted completely. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly, then add almond meal, hazelnuts and Ferrero Rocher and season with a pinch of salt. Mix well.
Step 4 - click here to display
Step 5 - click here to display
Step 6 - click here to display
Bake for 35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving with crème fraiche or thick cream.