Broccoli, Bacon & Parmesan Tarts
Prep/Cook Time: 30-40mins
Skill Level: Easy
- 375g Carême Spelt Butter Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 100g cream cheese
- 100g feta
- 1 whole egg
- 500g broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 large clove garlic
- 3 slices bacon diced (optional)
- 25g parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced.
- In a mini food processor blend the cream cheese, feta and egg with a grind of black pepper.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Unroll the pastry, cut in half lengthways, then cut each half into three portions to give six pieces in total. Place pastry on the baking tray ensuring there is at least 3cm space between each piece.
- Toss the broccoli florets in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Using a microplane grate the garlic over the broccoli and toss to coat.
- Brush a 2cm border around each tart with beaten egg. Add a tablespoon of the cream cheese mix to each tart staying within the border, top with the broccoli florets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the broccoli slightly charred.
- Optional: while the tarts are baking sauté the bacon until crispy. Top the tarts with crispy bacon and and grated parmesan.