Chicken, Crème Fraîche and Kale Puff Pie
Prep/Cook Time: 40-50mins
Skill Level: Easy
- 2 x 375g Carême Classic Butter Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 350g cooked shredded chicken
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 200° Celsius fan-forced.
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm round spring form pan with spray oil and baking paper.
- Place kale in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3 to 4 minutes or until wilted. Drain and roughly chop again.
- In a bowl combine chicken, kale, peas, tarragon and creme fraiche. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use one sheet of puff pastry to line the base and sides of the spring form pan. Spoon chicken mixture into pastry and use the second sheet to cover filling. Cut a cross in the centre and then cover the top pastry with the bottom. Brush with egg and bake for 30 mins or until the top of the pie is golden. Serve immediately.