Crab and Celeriac Remoulade Tartlets
Prep/Cook Time: 40mins, plus cooling
Skill Level: Easy
Sweet flaked crab mixed with grated celeriac, herbs, lemon and mayonnaise makes the perfect filling for these mini tartlets to serve as a canapé or entree during the festive season. Make the pastry cases and filling ahead of time and fill just before serving.
- 445g Carême Spelt Wholemeal Shortcrust Pastry, defrosted
- 1/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup grated celeriac
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 200g fresh flaked crab meat
- Salmon roe and chopped chives, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced (200°C conventional). Grease 24 (1½ tablespoon/30ml) mini muffin pan holes.
- Unroll the pastry and place on a floured benchtop. Using a 5.5cm round cutter, cut 24 rounds of pastry from the dough. Prick each disk 2-3 times with the tines of a fork. Press pastry rounds into prepared pan holes. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until puffed and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon rind and juice, and garlic in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in the celeriac, finely chopped chives and crab. Spoon heaped teaspoons of the crab mixture into tart shells.
- Place tartlets on a serving platter. Serve topped with salmon roe and chopped chives.