Fruity Mince Tarts
- 2 x 435g Carême Vanilla Bean Sweet Short Crust Pastry defrosted
- (prepare Fruit Mince at least 1 day ahead)
- 240g cored & grated apple (Granny Smith)
- 120g melted unsalted butter
- 180g raisins
- 120g sultanas
- 120g currants
- 120g candied mixed peel
- 120g dried cranberries (optional)
- 180g soft dark brown sugar
- Grated zest & juice 1 orange
- Grated zest & juice 1 lemon
- 40g slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoon mixed ground spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg grated
- 3 tablespoons brandy
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - click here to display
In a large mixing bowl combine all the fruit mince ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Cover bowl with a clean cloth and leave in a cool place overnight to allow flavours to mingle.
If not using straight away pack in a clean, dry container and store in the fridge for up to two months.
Step 2 - click here to display
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
Working with one pack of pastry at a time, use a 7.5cm pastry cutter and cut 24 circles, lightly grease the patty tins and line with the pastry circles, pop this in the fridge. Meanwhile re roll the pastry trim and cut 24 stars.
Step 3 - click here to display
Fill the lined patty tin with fruit mince and top with a pastry star.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
To serve dust with icing sugar.
Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Join us ‘around our kitchen table’,
seasonally inspired recipes to your inbox.
[contact-form-7 id=\"7500\" title=\"CampaignMonitorRegistration\"]