Smashed Avocado Tart
- **1 x 375g Spelt Butter Puff Pastry
- 1 x medium avocado
- ½ lemon
- salt & pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 4 to 6 radishes thinly sliced
- half Lebanese cucumber thinly sliced
- Fresh herbs to garnish (coriander, mint, dill or parsley)
**Note: we no longer produce Gluten Free Pastry. However, if you’re wheat intolerant and can eat spelt, our Spelt Puff Pastry is a great alternative.
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - click here to expand display
Pre-heat oven to 180c fan-forced. (200c non-fan) Cut the pastry into four equal pieces.
Step 2 - click here to display
Dust with flour, using the heal of your hand push each piece of pastry out to a 5mm thick round. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes.
Step 3 - click here to display
Meanwhile, smash the avocado, add a squeeze of lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, set to one side.
Step 4 - click here to display
Crush one small clove of garlic with salt and mix this into the yoghurt.
Step 5 - click here to expand
Place each of the baked pastry rounds on a plate, spread with the avocado mixture, top with a dollop of yoghurt followed by a few slices of radish and cucumber, finish with fresh herbs.
- Add smashed fetta to the avocado
- Top with a sliced fresh red or green chilli
- Serve with a poached or fried egg