Leftover Turkey, Roast Pumpkin and Brie Braided Strudel
Prep/Cook Time: 1hr
Skill Level: Easy
This is a great recipe to keep on hand all year round as you can easily interchange the filling with other vegetables and meats. The beauty of using up leftovers is that most of the preparation has already been done. Add to that our beautiful Carême All Butter Puff Pastry, and you have a dish that everyone will love.
- 1 x 375g packet Carême All Butter Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 300g leftover cooked turkey meat, shredded
- 350g roasted pumpkin, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dukkah
- 100ml thickened cream
- 150g double brie cheese, cubed into 1cm cubes
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced (220° C conventional). Combine turkey, pumpkin, dukkah, cream and brie in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and then toss until completely combined.
- Unroll the puff pastry and lay it vertically in front of you on a sheet of baking paper. Take the turkey mixture and spread it out evenly in the middle third of the pastry vertically leaving a 3cm border at the top and bottom. With the dough either side of the filling, cut 1cm strips from top to bottom stopping at the edge of the filling using a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Fold the strips up over the filling ensuring they criss-cross each other by alternating strips from each side.
- Brush the top of the braid with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 10 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 180°C fan-forced (200° C conventional), continue to bake for 30 minutes or until the braid is golden. Serve immediately.
TOP TIP: You can also use a store-bought cooked chicken in place of turkey for a quick midweek meal.