Moroccan Spiced Carrot and Haloumi Rolls with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce
These Moroccan Spiced Carrot and Haloumi Rolls will really hit the spot! Made with our new Spelt Wholemeal Butter Puff Pastry, they’re healthy, tasty, and incredibly moreish! Perfect for an afternoon snack, or for a party; these great all-rounders are a modern twist on the traditional sausage roll and will be loved by all!
Carrot and Haloumi Rolls
- 375g Spelt Butter Puff Pastry, thawed
- 480g purple heirloom carrots, cut in even chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g halloumi cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Zest of 1/2 large lemon
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
Tzatziki Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small lebanese cucumber, grated
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Toss together carrot, garlic, coriander and cumin on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40min, or until soft. Set aside to cool in a large bowl and then roughly mash with a fork. Add grated haloumi, panko crumbs, lemon zest, pine nuts and 1 egg, and stir to combine.
- Cut the pastry into 14cm x 10cm rectangles. Place two heaped tablespoons of the mixture down the middle of the longest side of each pastry rectangle. Ensure the mixture is in an even layer down the middle and then brush one side with egg and fold the other side of the pastry over until the edges meet. Crimp the edge with a fork to close completely.
- Place rolls on a lined baking sheet. Lightly beat the remaining egg with a fork and brush the tops of the pastry with the egg. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the top and bake for 30mins, or until puffy and golden.
- While the rolls are baking make the sauce. Place grated cucumber in cloth and squeeze to remove excess liquid then place in a food processor and blend together with, garlic, lemon juice and mint until well blended. Stir in the yoghurt and then season with salt and pepper.