Pastry Bianco Pizzas
- 445g pack Carême sour cream shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh fig, thinly sliced
- 60g gorgonzola, crumbled
- 10g, baby rocket leaves
- 75g Garlic and black pepper goats chevre or marinated feta
- 100g thinly sliced Prosciutto
- 1 Peach, de-stoned and thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 10g baby rocket leaves
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - click here to display
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Halve the sheet of pastry crossways, creating two equal squares. Place pastry squares on prepared baking tray, cover with another sheet of baking paper, followed by a second baking tray. Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Step 2 - click here to display
Meanwhile make the caramelized onion by heating olive oil in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Add onion stirring until well coated, cover and cook for 10 minutes of until onion is soft. Increase heat to medium-high, add sugar and vinegar, stirring every few minutes until onion is golden and caramelized. Remove from heat season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
Step 3 - click here to display
To serve, spread goats cheese evenly over one pastry square and caramelized onion over the other. Using a sharp knife, slice each pastry square into twelve triangles.
Top the goats cheese pastry triangles with prosciutto, peaches, black pepper and baby rocket.
For caramelized onion pastry triangles, top with crumbled gorgonzola, slices of fig and baby rocket.