Peach, Vanilla and Maple Gallette
Galette is the French term for a free-form tart. These rustic, simple tarts are easy-to-make. Just lay out the pastry, top with the fillings, and fold the pastry edges over. Voila! This Peach, Vanilla and Maple Galette is just gorgeous with our Carême Wholemeal Spelt Butter Puff Pastry. Enjoy!
- 375g Carême Spelt Butter Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 3-4 large yellow peaches, pitted and sliced into 8ths
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 vanilla bean pods, split with beans scraped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 20g butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced. In a large bowl place peach wedges, maple syrup, vanilla beans and flour and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Cut a large circle from the defrosted pastry and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Arrange the peach slices in an overlapping pattern in a single layer in the centre of the dough and dot with pieces of butter.
- Fold the edges of the dough (roughly 4-5cm) up and over the filling pleating as you go and brush the top of the exposed dough with egg. Sprinkle with caster sugar and bake for 30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes. Serve with cream or ice cream.