Pigs In Blankets
- 445g Careme Sour Cream Shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 8 slices prosciutto sliced in half lengthways (or smokey bacon)
- 16 pork chipolatas (we used Barossa Fine Foods Cambridge Sausages)
- 1 egg, beaten for glaze
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Grainy mustard gremolata
- ¼ cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest of a lemon
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - click here to display
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
For the gremolata, place the mustard, parsley, capers, garlic and zest together in a small food processor, pulsing until mixture becomes smooth and well combined.
Step 2 - click here to display
Step 3 - click here to display
Wrap each chipolata in a piece of prosciutto. Now, working from the borderless side of the pastry rectangle roll each chipolata in pastry gently pressing egg glazed end down to seal. Repeat the process with the remaining chipolatas and place on prepared baking. Brush with remaining egg glaze and top with the sesame seeds and thyme. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.