Potato, Mascarpone and Sausage Tart
Prep/Cook Time: 40mins
Skill Level: Easy
- 1 x 375g packet Carême Butter Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons finely grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 300g potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pork and fennel sausages
- 1 egg
- Few sprigs fresh oregano (optional to serve)
- Preheat oven to 200° Celsius fan-forced.
- Lay the pastry vertically and cut the puff pastry in half down the middle from top to bottom so you have two 27 x 17.5 cm tarts, and place both on a large tray. Score a 1.5cm border around the edge of each tart.
- In a bowl combine the mascarpone and 1/4 cup grated cheese, season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined. Top each tart with 1/2 of the mixture leaving the border free.
- Toss the potatoes in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Layer the potatoes over the cheese mixture slightly overlapping each other. Squeeze the sausages out of their casings and dot 2cm pieces of sausage all over the tarts. Top with the additional grated cheese.
- Brush the edges of the tarts with beaten egg and bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are golden and the sausage is cooked. Serve immediately with fresh oregano.