Moroccan Lamb Tart
Prep/Cook Time: 40mins
Skill Level: Easy
- 375g Carême Spelt Butter Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 250g lamb mince
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 120g feta cheese, crumbled
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup continental parsley leaves, plus extra to garnish
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced.
- In a bowl, combine lamb mince, onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, 70g of feta, lemon juice and olive oil and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Lay the pastry out on a lined baking tray and score a 2cm border around the edge. Scatter the filling over the top of the pastry leaving the border free. Top with scattered pine nuts. Brush the edge with egg and bake for 30 minutes until the edges are golden and the base is crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, parsley leaves and remaining feta in a mini food processor and blend until completely combined and it has become a bright green sauce.
- Remove the tart from the oven and serve immediately with dollops of the green sauce, parsley leaves and lemon wedges.