Spring Greens & Cheese Tart
- 1 x 375g pack Carême all butter puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg
- 100g creamy goat’s cheese or creamy feta, crumbled
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, tough ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped roughly
- ¼ cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- poached or crispy fried eggs sunny side up
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
Click the +/- symbols or step heading to open or close the recipe steps
Step 1 - click here to display
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Cut pastry into 6 equal sized rectangles.
Using a sharp knife, gently score the pastry about 1cm from the edge, do not cut through. Pierce the base around with a fork.
Step 2 - click here to display
Step 3 - click here to display
Bake for 15 minutes at 220°C (200°C fan-forced) then reduce oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and continue to bake for further 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven, season with pepper and serve hot with poached or fried eggs and parsley for a delicious weekend brunch or an easy dinner.
Store leftover tarts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. They can be heated up in the oven and enjoyed topped with some rocket for breakfast or lunch the next day.
[contact-form-7 id=\”7500\” title=\”CampaignMonitorRegistration\”]