Zucchini, Goats Cheese, Honey and Pistachio Tarts
Zucchini, Goats Cheese, Honey, Pistachio…what more could you want?! These delicious and rich combinations of flavours are a delight! Meat-free, with Carême Wholemeal Spelt Butter Puff Pastry. They’re guilt-free heaven in a bite!
- 375g Carême Spelt Butter Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 250g goats cheese, crumbled
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pistachios toasted
- Good quality honey, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced. Cut six 10cm pastry rounds out of the sheet of puff pastry and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Using a sharp knife, score a 1cm border around the edge of each pastry round ensuring that you don’t cut all the way through.
- Top the pastry with 1/2 the crumbled goats cheese and then top that with overlapping slices of zucchini ensuring you leave the border empty. Season with salt and pepper and then drizzle with the olive oil.
- Brush the pastry edge with egg and bake in the oven for 15 minutes then top with the remaining goats cheese and bake for another 5 minutes until the pastry is golden. To serve drizzle with honey and top with roughly chopped pistachio.