Traditional Tarte aux Pêches with Spelt Puff Pastry
The upside down peach tart, or Tarte aux Pêches, made with our brand new Spelt Wholemeal Puff Pastry.
This classic French-inspired tart is one that famous Chef, Julia Childs, loved to make. Seeing it only has a few ingredients, it’s important that you use quality ingredients – like our Spelt Pastry which is made with butter, not margarine.
You can make this super simple, five ingredient tart, in under an hour. (Thank you to Emily Lawrence Gazal for this recipe and photo).
- Carême Spelt Puff Pastry
- White Peaches
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Two Eggs
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out your pastry and cut in to a circle larger than your baking tin.
- Place pastry in to your baking-paper lined tin. Prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond meal with the sugar, the eggs (or one egg and one egg white is better) and a good dash of milk.
- Pour mixture into base of pastry then prettily arrange your cut white peaches.
- Sprinkle a little almond meal on top.
- Bake for 30mins.
Et voilà, bon appétit!
Discover our Spelt Pastry here. *Our pastry is all natural, with no nasty fillers or preservatives.
Find your local Carême Pastry stockist here.